Commonly used expressions and aayaat
This section gives scholars' explanations of aayaat of the Qur-an that we commonly hear as well as of Islamic phrases in common use. Click on the link to see each quote in pdf format.
1. Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Raheem
2. The meaning of tawheed (singling Allah out with all worship)
3. Shirk akbar (major shirk) and shirk asghar (lesser shirk)
4. The meaning of laa ilaaha ill Allaah
5 Tafseer (explanation of the meanings) of Soorah al 'Asr (the 103rd Chapter of the Qur-aan)
6 Explanation of what is the slanderer and backbiter (taken from the tafseer of Soorah al Humazah)
7. The meaning of al 'ilm (knowledge)
8. The meaning of al gheebah
9. Taqwaa (fearing Allah and obeying Him)
13. The Israa-eeliyaat
14. Jaahiliyyah (Ignorance)
15. Lesser shirk and greater shirk
16. Major sins and lesser sins
17. Mustaqeem (as mentioned in as siraat ul mustaqeem)
18. The meaning of ar Rabb
19. The meaning of dhulm (oppression)
20. The meaning of al yawm ul aakhirah (the Last Day)
21. The meaning of fisq (sinfulness)
22. The types of fisq (sinfulness)
23. The meaning of ma'iyyah (Allaah's being 'with' someone)
24. The meaning of sad udh dharaa-i' (blocking the routes)
25. The meaning of qiyaam in the phrase yawm ul qiyaamah
26. The meaning of 'Eesaa (Jesus) being 'Allaah's Word'
27. What is the food that is "tayyib" ?
28. Depriving oneself of food that is "tayyib" without justification
29. How to show shukr (thankfulness)
30. The difference between zuhd and wara'
31. Describing someone as "multazim"
32. What is the meaning of feeling "shy"?
33. What are the pillars of 'uboodiyyah? (NEW March 2023)
NEW! Follow us on Telegram for daily benefits and reminders! https://t.me/IslamTheBasics